At IndieCentralMusic, we are looking for passionate tastemakers with flair and integrity. Whether your skill is in journalism, photography, videography or something completely different, being part of the ICM community can boost your career!
If you’re interested in joining the IndieCentralMusic team, then all you have to do is drop us an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full preferred name, your date of birth and where you’re based (Town/City, County).
- A sample of your work (this can be something published elsewhere, it doesn’t have to be produced uniquely for your application)
- A brief paragraph explaining why you want to join IndieCentralMusic.
- A list and description of any previous experience you’ve had that you think relates to your application.
- And last but certainly not least – Please provide 10 new bands (or 5 new films if you’re applying for ICM Film) that you’ve recently discovered and would look to promote with IndieCentralMusic.
We process applications every week so do not worry if you don’t hear from us straight away! Please read our FAQ’s below before applying and drop us an email if you have any other questions.
Do I need any journalistic or photographic experience?
No, you don’t but it is desired if you are studying a media course. Ultimately, we are looking for applicants who have a desire and passion to discover new bands.
If I’m not in the UK can I still contribute to ICM?
Yes you can! We are welcoming to other parts of the world that have a predominant indie music scene. But please bare in mind we have an english-speaking audience and focus of guitar-based indie music.
Can I earn money from contributing?
We currently do not provide a living wage however, there is the possibility after proving your commitment and passion for creating content that we can reward you with payment.
Why should I contribute if I don’t get paid?
You will get raw experience in the music industry, working with industry professionals. This is the perfect opportunity to hone your skills as a budding tastemaker.
How often do I need to write?
We expect all contributors to write at least one article a month, there is no limit on how much you can write of course. Regarding other commitments, let us know if this will impact your involvement with ICM. We are looking for people that show continual interest, and good communication may result in you getting more opportunities.
Represent the brand
ICM has an outstanding reputation within the music industry and to artists, professionals and most importantly it’s fans. It is vital that you keep our reputation fully intact. Be inquisitive and talk to the musicians if you get the chance. Always be respectful on location, and stay professional at all times.